Welcome to my blog

I am always interested to hear directly from guests and am trying to keep up with the whole social media movement so please join The Lands of Loyal on facebook and if you are on twitter please follow me @veritywebster
Best wishes

Verity Webster

Monday 28 December 2009

Don't stay in this Hogmanay, This one is special there is blue moon in the sky.


In reality it is not likely to look quite as this picture would have you believe. I think it has had a wave of a photoshop wand, but since I didn't take it I cant say for certain. I found it here, http://gizmodo.com/5435190/.

My point is that this Hogmanay night, Thursday 31st December our night sky will be lit by a Blue Moon. This is the second blue moon in a month and since a lunar month is 28 days and our calendar month is only a few more they are rare enough, but to occur on the last day of the year is a coincidence not likely to happen again for another 20 years. So don't stay indoors, come out for the night. Enjoy the company of friends, a fine dinner, dancing and piping and celebrate this auspicious night.

Both Lands of Loyal Hotel in Alyth (01828 633151) and the Raemoir House Hotel in Banchory (01330 824884) are open and have a few places left. So don't delay give us a call and make a rare night of it.
Happy New Year
and best wishes
David and Verity Webster

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea to have a blog supporting your main hotel site. I guess I've left it a bit late for Hogmanay this year but I've always fancied the idea of spending a New Year's celebration in Scotland. Best of luck for tomorrow night anyway.

    ReplyDelete